This recipe came from one of my favorite foodie websites Food52. I also happen to love Cazadores Reposado, so I had to share the recipe. Now if you are looking to keep sugar on the low side, you can replace the sugar with this amazing sugar substitute Erythritol. It’s a naturally occurring sugar alcohol derived from corn and is naturally found in small amounts in various plants. It contains virtually no calories, has a low glycemic impact, and doesn’t contribute to tooth decay. I have already tried it a few recipes and it works great and reduces the guilt!
- 1 1/2ounces Tequila Cazadores Reposado
- 1ounce Hibiscus syrup (recipe below)
- 1/2ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2ounce agave nectar
- Cinnamon sugar rim
- For the pureed hibiscus, bring 4 cups water, 2 cups of dry hibiscus flowers, and 2 cups of sugar (or Erythritol) to a boil. Remove from heat, strain and the hibiscus syrup is ready to use.
- In a cocktail shaker combine all the ingredients with ice and shake vigorously. Coat the rim of a margarita glass in cinnamon sugar. Serve cocktail over ice and garnish with a lime wheel.